Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Anybunny want a carrot?

Earlier this week I posted pictures of our class Fiesta last Friday (sniff, sniff, it's hard to believe my Spring Break is almost over!) including our mini red pepper pinatas. They were so cute.  So I got to thinking... "Carrots are cone-ish shaped... it's Easter... rabbits eat carrots... hey!  You could make a carrot mini-pinata for Easter."  So I did. Just because. If you want to make one (or anything cone shaped for that matter) here's how to do it:
 First cut a toilet paper roll in half.  Then roll it into a cone shape and tape it secure.  Cut off the excess top.

 Fill it with candy - jelly beans, eggs, whatever you want/have!
 Wrap it with green tissue paper, taping the ends in place.  Twist the top, or tie with rafia or ribbon. 
Get orange streamers (crepe paper) - of if you, like me, don't have any, use orange paper.  Cut two paper-length strips about the width of crepe paper (~2inches). Fray the paper.Wrap the pinata, gluing the top edge as you go and viola, you're done!
One mini carrot pinata ready for an Easter bunny.

Also, a reminder, that you can get my paragraph writing unit and the Spelling and Phonogram test forms for FREE (click the links or see details below!)

Also, I wanted to give a little shout out for Heather at http://secondgradeperks.blogspot.com/. She is doing a grammar packet giveaway and I would sure like to win.  You should check it out!

2 comments:

  1. This is so stinkin' cute!

    We might have to do this when we get back. We will be finishing up some garden stuff with help from Peter Rabbit!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! This would be fun to do with a gardening unit. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss

Thank YOU for commenting on my often-nonsense!