Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

More Flat Stanley... and It's been WAY too long!


Hey everybody!  I'm finally getting around to posting some of our recent school stuff.  I have an adorable class this year and we've been having lots of fun learning about all sorts of things but life has just hit me hard and I haven't had it in me to blog, which is totally ironic since this is the first time in 2 years that I haven't been  teaching full-time and going to graduate school.  (Did I ever mention I finished my masters degree this summer? Hooray me!)  

So first, if you've ever read my blog before you know I'm a bit of a Flat Stanley-aholic and my school teaches the Core Knowledge Sequence.  I love that several of the FS Worldwide Adventure books highlight countries and cultures that we learn about in Core Knowledge.  Two of those are Flat Stanley and the Great Egyptian Grave Robbery and Flat Stanley and the Mount Rushmore Calamity.  Every time I read one of the FS books my kids just eat. it. up. I love immersing them in literacy in such an addictive way! :)  hehehe.  So I created this unit....

And this one... at the TPT request of another fabulous teacher (thank you Ashley Wren)! 

 Then I started to think that some people might be interested in the Ancient Egypt activities aside from Flat Stanley so I removed the FS stuff and posted it separately as Ancient Egypt Activities on TPT & TN too.  (Click any of the images to purchase)





No comments:

Post a Comment

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss

Thank YOU for commenting on my often-nonsense!