Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Birthday Freebie & Dr. Seuss Classroom Theme Highlight #4


 Happy Birthday!  .... to someone.  There's gotta be someone whose birthday it is today!  Here's what I'm going to give my kiddos for their birthdays.  (Got the cup for $1 @ Target, yay!)
 
My school has a no-food policy, which can be good and bad, so months ago I saw these crazy straws at the dollar store (6/$1 - Score!) and thought they would make awesome candy-free balloon strings.  If you want to download them for free please do!  Click the image below.  (Obviously I printed mine in black and white, but you could do color).
Next project... My classroom speakers and filing cabinet were pretty much hideous.  Yep, definitely hideous.  I snagged two cans of blue spray paint at Walmart recently and decided to give them a shot.  They couldn't look worse, right?   
Ta-Da!  And now they match my Dr. Seuss theme.  :)  Yay!  
However... I'm a bit of an inexperienced spray painter and left blue paint shadows on the sidewalk at my school.  Oh no!!!  I am so embarrassed!  I had some vinegar in the cupboard (thank you volcano experiment!) and worked hard to scrub the sidewalk with a rock but it still looked like this when I left.  :(  Hope I don't get in big trouble... 

Last of all - here's one more Dr. Seuss classroom reveal photo.  I hung this quote up last night.  I love it.  Stay tuned for pictures of my WHOLE classroom - it is just BURSTING with Dr. Seuss things.

Also, if you haven't seen my Cat in the Hat shelf and truffula trees you definitely need to.  Check out that post here. If you want to see the DIY Dr. Seuss lightswitch post click here. And last, if you want to see the DIY Dr. Seuss balloon wreath click here.  

12 comments:

  1. It all looks wonderful. I left paint on the sidewalk before. It eventually fades away. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is looking great! I can't wait to see the final product Thanks for the cute birthday balloons!


    Alyse
    Keep Calm and Apple On

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You are doing an amazing job, it all looks fantastic!! You are very creative.

    Shannon
    Sweet n Sassy in 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I am doing a Dr. Seuss theme this year also! Still trying to piece it together, but you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I have to saw is WOW I LOVE everything that you have put together! I was just informed today that I can go ahead and pick my own classroom wall colors and a new theme I couldn't wait to start searching for ideas. I was on FB with my Director and I told her Hmmm What about Whoville for a class name and Dr.Seuss for the theme. Together the lightbulb came on and even though we have work early in the AM we are up late at night bouncing off ideas to eachother. Thank you so much for sharing your classroom ideas with everyone. I am super excited to talk with my Co-Teacher in the AM and well tell her what we will be doing for the fall. LOL! Thank goodness she is a good sport and will be just as excited as I am to get the room ready in less than 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much. Glad I was able to inspire you. Best of luck.

      Delete
  6. Did the blue spray paint stay on - or did it get scratched at all? I'm curious because I would love to do this myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stayed on great and I don't think it scratched. I would definitely do it again. I love it. You could add a clear top coat just to be on the safe side too.

      Delete
  7. The birthday balloon template link is not working. Could you email a copy at lydia.balzano@nhcs.net.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lydia - I'm sorry about that! I tested the link out and I'm not sure why but the file seems to have disappeared. I've reattached it so you should be able to download it by clicking the image link. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll e-mail it to you. :)

      Delete
  8. hi, Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Dr. Seuss classroom...love love the Dr. Seuss quote...do you remember what etsy store your purchased it from? I've looked but cannot find it...thanks

    ReplyDelete

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss

Thank YOU for commenting on my often-nonsense!